Olive Pomade and Olive Oil Hair Moisturizing Lotion

Well wave-heads, I have been on this venture to go all natural and stray away from a lot of the pomades and chemicals that can in the long run, can do damage to your hair and scalp. For this process I like to start fresh and wash my hair before I start using new products. Using the shower method I have washed my hair and brushed while in the shower, 50 strokes per section of hair and then rinsed all the old product and shampoo out. Then i apply conditioner, brushing that in, leaving it in for about 5 minutes then brush out and rinse. I pat dry my hair, then brush until slightly damp. This process takes about 20 minutes of brushing with a medium brush. Now for the new product, The Olive Pomade!
Olive Pomade, enriched with Olive Oil, Lanolin, Castor Oil, helps condition, moisturize and gives your hair great shine and has a nice hold to it as well. This product also has a great smell. Using a dime size amount, apply to your hair evenly with your hands, massaging into the scalp as well. This is important as you will need the product to get to the root of the hair so that the new growth gets all the nutrients as well. Comb your hair down, combing in the same pattern as you brush. Do this for about 50 strokes per section of your hair then, using a hard brush, evenly brush your hair in your wave pattern. Now use your Medium brush and, brush each section of your hair. I personally brush with the medium brush for about 5 minutes. Next I apply my durag, then stocking cap and wear overnight or during the day, for about 2 hours. When you remove your durag, you will see that your hair has an amazing shine and is laid down just as well as if you were using a traditional pomade such as Wavebuilders, Coco and Shea Butter Pomade. 

Now Coco and Shea butter is creamy, smooth and promotes moisture and is enriched with a multitude of proteins and vitamins. Both of these products I personally would not use together because they both do the same thing but one conditions and holds your hair better than the other, killing 2 birds with 1 stone. If your lifestyle includes this great hairstyle, then i say  use the Olive Pomade. You wont have to use a lot of products to moisturize, hold and give your hair shine. I also use Organic Root Stimulator, Olive Oil hair Lotion before I apply Olive pomade. I use just enough to moisturize my hair when I have a brushing session in the middle of the day. This product will make your hair softer, making your hair more manageable and when you comb, you will start to see your connections link up better and your perfect 360 waves will be on point! 

Remember folks, these are just suggestions. You ultimately have to find what works best for your hair. I have found that natural products work better for me because of the environment that I live and work in. I live in a very dry climate and where I work gets very hot and dry at the same time. Moisture is key for my hair. So Olive Oil based products seem to work better for me. My hair texture is also more on the coarse side and needs something to make my hair softer. 

I hope everyone reading this takes something from this. Keep Brushing!!

Comments

Popular Posts